Yesterday one of our Shotgun Gals from back home, Poker Alice, made an amazing pasta dish that I can’t wait to try. I told her to please text it to me so we can all try it. I’m in need of some new recipes. Unfortunately it was s good they ate it before any photos could be taken. Here is her text. Enjoy!
I doubled the recipe so I could freeze the left overs. The original recipe is below and serves four:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
* 1 ounce melted unsalted stick butter
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic ( 1 clove)
* 1/8 cup diced red onion ( I used yellow onion)
* 1/4 cup diced cook bacon ( I used real bacon pieces, I found them next to the bacon bits)
* 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
* 1 cup sliced, cooked chicken ( boneless and skinless chicken breast)
* 1 ounce heavy ( whipping) cream
* 1 jar of Ragu classic Alfredo sauce ( I got the cheesy kind)
* 1/8 cup Asiago cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 10 ounces pre-cooked Bowtie noodles. ( can use the 12 oz. Bag)
I cooked my chicken in half a stick of unsalted butter until done. Drain. Do not rinse. In a heated sauté pan, combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture. When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese. Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce. Heat briefly then add sauce to noodles. Toss until well combined and remove from heat. Allow pasta to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce can thicken.
This is the best recipe I’ve done in quite sometime!